Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Here goes...

So it's about 1am right now the morning of November 12, 2008 here in Los Angeles. It's cold outside and the days are much shorter. We're in the middle of fall, but unlike most places, the seasons don't change so much in Southern California. People may start wearing gloves, scarves, and knit caps, but it really is just for show.

It's funny how things in life have changed so much for me, however. One year ago today, I was in a much different place in my life. This past year has been such a roller coaster ride in both my personal life and in my career that it's so nice to have a calm positive moment to take a breath and reflect on where I am and where I'm going. 

So...where am I going?

Well, everything is on the up and up right now. Lots of doors are open, lots of opportunities are around and I am keeping a hand on all of them right now. Work is busy and for the most part very fulfilling and I am extremely grateful for that. Friends and family continue to move in positive directions and things should only get better. The friends I have in my life are truly  irreplaceable. 

Honestly, this year has put me at the extremes of things: emotionally, financially, creatively. A wealth of experiences, mistakes, and learning processes have definitely put me in a better place and I'm glad I'm still on my two feet. Gotta just keep pushing. 

A lot of work to be done still. Lots of people I still need to reconnect with, and a ton of goals I still gotta hit. I want to do some traveling soon if my schedule (and bank) permit. But this year should end on a high note, and the top of 09 should be the beginning of even better things. 

Oh, and nothing can take the place of good, honest conversation. Thanks.

No comments: